Global Talent Mobility and the New Imperatives
Traditionally, talent mobility teams dealt with complex mobility landscapes as global companies sought to identify, attract, and retain the right skills in a rapidly evolving environment.
New challenges such as the COVID-19 pandemic, Brexit, the EU’s updated July 2020 Posted Workers Directive, and the need to locate and keep track of distributed workers across the globe have compounded that complexity.
Companies are increasingly adopting fluid teaming and making accommodations for location arrangements that will certainly impact where and how employees will work moving forward.
Companies often find it challenging to create a 360-degree view of their greatest asset: people, and can, therefore, fail to have a strategic view of their talent capital viewed through the lens of their strategic global initiatives.
“By 2024, 30% of the G2000 firms will rely on a globally secure, intelligent highly integrated, and collaborative ecosystem that enables enterprises to function as borderless organizations.”
Source: IDC FutureScape, 2020
The Global Mobility Challenge
The lack of global talent mobility preparedness can be mapped to various stages of maturity in terms of structural, operational, and digital readiness. According to IDC’s 2020 report “Global Talent Mobility: The Workforce Imperative”, organizations run into the following key challenges:
- A tactical approach to global talent mobility
- Low digital readiness characterized by manual labor, fragmented/ disjointed, and either older closed systems or the proliferation of disparate point systems
- Critical data locked in silos that are disconnected from one another
- Global compliance risks related to governance, policies, laws, immigration, taxes, and more
- Fragmented and poor experiences that impact employee engagement
These limitations are compounded by the inherent complexity of the supply chains and the variety of domains of expertise required to execute on global talent mobility strategies.
Advanced reporting and compliance tools are required to continuously benchmark and optimize program performance, but also to avoid or mitigate the risk and cost of audits.
The Topia Advantage
The Topia Product Suite makes executing on the global talent mobility imperative a reality by enabling operational efficiency, providing actionable insights and compliance management with a premium employee experience for Human Resources professionals and employees alike.
The Topia Platform is a cloud-based open platform that provides an integrated data standard across global talent mobility. The Topia Platform offers:
- Embedded Best Practice: Deliver standard workflows, single data model, policies, and embedded mobility business logic.
- Standard Integrations: Integrate once and syndicate data to all systems & vendors.
- Benchmarking: Over time, the ability to compare your performance against best in class
- Security: Comply with privacy and security regulations across borders.
- Compliance: Risk mitigation and preparedness
- Actionable insights: A powerful library of dashboards and out-of-the-box analytics
Topia empowers enterprise HR teams to deploy, manage, and engage employees anywhere in the world. This drives competitive advantage by ensuring the right people are in the right place at the right time. You can learn more about the Topia solution by downloading an overview brochure here or contact us to schedule a demo.